I was so excited I was invited by OMY.SG to attend a cooking demo hosted by Panasonic Singapore :)
We will be learning how to cook Home Made Kaya, Mixed Wheat Bread, herbal Emperor Chicken, Yam and pumpkin Kueh :)
So we welcomed Madam Wong- to teach us to be a great cook today!
Firstly,we will learn to make kaya using Panasonic Bread Maker SDP104
220 g sugar
250 ml thick coconut milk
10 Pandan Leaves (chopped finely, with 3 tbsp water)
2 tsp of potato starch (add 2 teaspoon water)
1/8 teaspoon Pandan Essence
1. Place eggs, sugar, coconut milk add 3 tbsp pandan juice and essence in a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk the mixture with hand whisk for about 5mins till the sugar dissolves.
3. Put the mixture into bread pan.
4. Set bread maker to cake mode #12. Display shows 12 mins.
5. After 12 mins, stir mixture with spatula, next press start to start the baking procedure.
6. Stir in between baking time.
7. in the last 1-2 mins of baking, stir in potato starch mixture.
8. Pour out mixture into mixing bowl, using hand blender to blend till its smooth.
9, Let the kaya cool down and transfer it to container after it cool down.
10. Keep refrigerated and done!
2. Mixed Wheat bread:
All you need is :
75g whole wheat flour
175g Bread flour
10 g Butter
2tbsp castor sugar
1tbsp Milk powder
200 ml cold water
1tsp instand yeast (keep refrigerated after use or directly purchased from Market)
1. Place above ingredients (except yeast) in the bread pan.
2. Place yeast into the yeast dispenser (around the lid )
3. Select Menu no 2 for "Rapid" mode and press start
4. Once ready, remove the bread, leave it cool before cutting.
Baking time is around 2 hours using Rapid mode, you could make many kinds of bread/cakes using Bread makerSD-P104.
3. Herbal Emperor chicken
all you need is :
2 chicken legs (500g dried with Kitchen Towel)
600 ml hot water
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of sugar
1/4 tsp of dark soy sauce
1/4 tsp of light soy sauce
2tbsp of cooking wine
Spices (package you could get from market)
1 pkt of chinese herbs.
1. Season the chicken with spices or (salt, sugar, soy sauce and leave it for one hour)
2. Soak chicken herbs in 600 ml of hot water and later microwave for 5 mins.
3. Place chicken in aluminium foil and pour in remaining water,wrap in foil.
4. Place it in Microwave over NN-CS894, using steam mode and cook for 1-1.5 hours.
5. Pour in some cooking wine for the last flavouring.
4. YAM and PUMPkin Kueh
40g Dried Shrimps
1 Chinese chicken sausage
2 Dried mushrooms
100g rice flour
30g tapioca flour
Add: 1 red chilli, some diced spring onion
Sauce: 11/2 tbsp light sauce, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp five spice powder, 1 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp of pepper, 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1. Cook Shallot with 4tbsp of cooking oil on high power for about 405 mins.
2. Cook dried prawns on high power for 1.5 mins add 1 tsp shallot oil cook for 1 min
3. Add chinese sausage, cook for 40 secs.
4. Cook Yam and pumpkin with 2 tssp water on high for 6 mins
5. Add flour, sausage, mushroom, dried prawns,and sauce cook for 4 mins
6. Pour mixture into a 23cm cake tin,set to steam mode for 30 mins in steam mode.
7. Done, sprinkle the sesame seeds, onion and chilli!!
Had an awesome day with OMY SG and Panasonic! Thanks for the experience :)