This June, I had visited Taiwan: Taipei for my pre-wedding shoot. I first met one of the salesperson when J and I shopped around Bugis and his enthusiastic attitude to help us save money and take nice photos touched me and he kept telling me he had some discount for overseas customers and we can get discount plus freebies when we paid in full today, and of course we are quir
It was so much fun! J and I had so much fun leaving good memory shoot in Taipei and of course with my favourite flower Hydrangea!
The photo is still in process and we can't wait to receive the final products.
So I am going to share my experience with you all so you all know what to expect in Taiwan: Taipei.
I always choose Ban Qiao District for my homestay because it is so cheap, way bigger room than Taipei and you spent less ! And I spent my last night at Xi Men Ding.
Love House Inn (Spacious room in Ban Qiao District)
If you plan to customize suit in Taiwan, you need to travel more frequent, because it takes them two week to complete one. and the price is less than sgd 200 for a set.
What are the things to do in Taipei
1. Hair cut/ Hair treatment (you can get a haircut, dye your hair and buy saloon shampoo, I am amazed by their skills, their skills are way better compared to Singapore/Malaysia)
2. Steamboat (Mala Power la, you can get super worth steamboat, even better than Hai Di Lao in Taiwan for around SGD 25-30 for a buffet steamboat, atas ice cream etc)
3. Cheap Clothes (Wu Fen Pu): shopping in Taipei for NTD 100! If you are plus size like me, bring a measurement tape, you also can trust their honesty. I walked in the shop and directly ask whether I can fit in certain dress I like and they will tell me the truth. Love it!
4. Street Food: I am really not so into Streetfood in Taiwan compared to KL or Thailand. Their food is more pricey and small portions. But if there is a queue, queue for it. Sure taste good~!
6. Fruits: You will be amazed by their fruits variety and they are huge also. Sweet and cheap~
Behind the scenes
The shop I went :)
I did my homework and choose the places I wanna go, discussed with the photographer and makeup artist and they will help you with it.
Trying out the gowns. Bring your Nubra and feel free to test and find the dress that going to match with your themes and background.
|I choose the one in dark color because it matches the night view the best|
So places I choose for my photo taking :
1. 真爱桃花源 111, Taiwan, 台北市士林區華岡路30號
The fee for 5 person to enter for phototaking if I am not wrong is 1200 TWD. They have basically indoor and outdoor places for you to take photos, so it save your time travelling.
2. 竹子湖高家繍球花田112, Taiwan, Taipei City, Beitou District, 竹子湖路30號
The very very important reason why I went Taiwan for my prewedding shoot is because of the Hydragea!!! They have super duper pretty Hydragea around May & June! And thanks J my dream come true <3 300="" and="" around="" bouquet="" fee="" for="" free="" gave="" hydrangea="" i="" is="" me="" nbsp="" p="" the="" they="" think="" twd="">3>
3. Taipei 101 for night phototaking
Anyway it is a good choice because I feel Taiwan service is good and they really know how to capture good photos! And it is more affordable compared to Singapore/ Malaysia. Of course, you may say that Malaysia is way cheaper blah blah, but the view in Taiwan is stunning!
And you get to travel as well :)
Send me question if you need tips on taiwan wedding shoot :) i will help.