As a woman, it is unavoidable that we will need to change our hairstyle, whether perming, dyeing or blow dry our hair :)
And the result of course, we get damage hair from all those heat styling, perming and dyeing. And many other external factor affecting our overall hair health and of course appearance if you do not use proper products or steps to protect your hair and scalp.
So I came across Essential Products and they are good at repairing and protecting hair!
Essential is a popular haircare brand from Japan.
Understanding the needs of Singaporean girls and their hair woes, Essential has a wide range of products to help repair and care for hair. Essential offers products ranging from basic care like Shampoo & Conditioner to more intensive treatments like Hair Masks and Leave On Treatments. You could see my previous few posts talk about their other range of products such as shampoos and conditioners :)
This September, Essential relaunches its Leave On Treatment range with the brand new CC Oil and Night Care Milk.
So what are the 5 EVIL HAIR STRESS Brothers??
From left to right:
1. Brazen Blow-Drying Stress
2. Badass Breakage Stress
3. Despicable dryness Stress
4. Spiteful Split ends Stress
5.Cruel Combing Stress - I hate it the most!!!
It is sad to see all my hair fall out when I comb my hairs every morning :(
The 5 Hair Stresses
External environmental factors and your own personal habits contributes to stresses to your hair.
1. Blow drying: Heat damage/friction from blow drying
The process of blow-drying removes moisture from the hair, both outside and inside the hair - leaving hair dry, brittle and susceptible for further damage
2. Combing: Friction to the hair cuticles due to daily combing
Combing through wet hair causes great hair damage as the hair follicle is at most fragile state. Likewise, the friction caused by coming through dry hair can form hair knots which makes hair prone to unnecessary breakage.
3. Split Ends: Fraying of hair shaft due to dry and brittle hair
The ends of your hair are the oldest and driest parts. When the protective hair cuticle is destroyed at the end of the hair, the hair splits into two or more parts.
4. Hair Breakage
Besides daily heat styling, blow drying and brushing, other seemingly harmless actions like tying your hair into a tight ponytail or twirling your hair with your fingers exert excessive stress on your hair, resulting in hair breakage.
5. Dryness: Dry hair that feels rough
Exposure to the sun, wind or even air-conditioning can result in hair dryness. The hair cuticle that protects the hair is weakened and is unable to retain moisture within the cuticles of the hair.
Essential CC Oil 60ml (Retail Price: S$11.90)
- Non-greasy and invisibly light, the Essential CC Oil coats each strand of hair with a cuticle coat protection to fight the 5 most common forms of hair stresses. The cuticle coat protection leaves hair smooth and tangle-free all day!
- Contains Hair Supplement Oil, which is similar to hair’s natural oil.
- Use on towel-dried or damp hair
- Pump an appropriate amount onto palm
- Spread and apply evenly onto hair, concentrating on mid-length to
- the tip of hair
- Do not rinse off
For optimum results, use after Essential shampoo and conditioner :)
My experience with Essential CC Oil:
No need to explain much, you need to see my before and after. Every morning I need to spend at least 10 minutes to get my hair straight and free of tangle, and I have to rush for my makeup etc.. Thus, I super love the CC oil, with a few drops (for my hair lengths i used around 3 press, and it solved all my hair tangle issue! It is easier for me to comb and I no need to struggle with my comb, and it looks fresh and shiny all day long! It makes me look younger and healthier.
If you never notice your hair, you look older when you have dry and unmanaged hair :( Take note~
Essential Night Care Milk (100ml)-Retail Price: S$11.90
- The Essential Night Care Milk protects the hair from “Pillow Friction”, intensively repairs and moisturizes the hair in the wee hours of the night.
- Coupled with cuticle coat protection ingredients, its rich yet non- greasy milk formula weightlessly leaves hair smooth and manageable the next morning. The Cuticle Coat Protection leaves hair smooth & tangle free all day
What is Pillow Friction?
- When you toss and turn at night, there is friction between your hair and the pillow causing the cuticles to be misaligned
- Misaligned cuticles creates frizz, resulting in the fabulous lion’s mane the next morning
- Washing your hair will ‘reset’ the mane, which is why many women have no choice but to wash and blow dry their hair in the morning before going to work.
- These women may not have the habit of bathing in the morning and is only doing so just so to fix their hair. They would rather have more time for their beauty sleep than go through this hassle and routine of washing and blow-drying in the morning.
- Use on towel-dried or damp hair, or before blow-drying
- Can also be used on dry hair
- Pump an appropriate amount onto palm
- Spread and apply evenly onto hair, concentrating on mid-length to tip of hair
- Do not rinse off
My experience with Essential Night Care Milk:
This is best for people who rarely use conditioner or wash hair or doing hair treatment- in other words, lazy and people who do not spend much on Hair Products. You will love this product! It is so easy to use. Apply on your dry hair and sleep!
You will get a smooth and silky hair the second day when you wake up! The hair is so easy to managed! I don't even need a comb the second day :) It looks fabulous and work for lazy people like me lol!
My before and after in only 2 days!
Now head over to Essential Singapore Facebook Page HERE~
Play Essential’s Mane Hero Facebook game and combat the 5 evil Hair Stress Brothers and Pesky Pillow King and win attractive weekly prizes! All you need to do is use your left and right keys to catch the dropping Essential products into the shopping cart and avoid the hair stress brothers and pesky pillow!
Hurry get one and pamper your hair today. You can get silky and smooth hair without spending a bomb at beauty saloon anymore. DIY with Essential :)